SOUTH AFRICAN BOERBOEL BREEDERS’ SOCIETY
1 CASUAL SURFING
- SABBS assumes no obligation to protect anonymous information, and may copy, distribute or otherwise use such information without limitation.
- SABBS uses a number of different cookies on its Website. Detailed information on cookies, or how to control or delete them, can be found at http://www.aboutcookies.org.
- The cookies used on this Website and what they are used for are described in the paragraphs below. Excepting European countries, SABBS operates an 'implied consent' policy, which means that by using the Website the User agrees SABBS can place these types of cookies on the User’s devise.
- First Party Cookies
- These are cookies that are set by this Website directly. They are used to save User preferences that may apply to the Website and/or Content.
- Login: A login cookie is used to preserve the User’s personal login preferences as set on the login screen.
- Cookies for Collection of Statistics
- More about Google's position on privacy as regards its analytics service at can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
- Third Party Cookies
- These are cookies set on the User’s machine by external websites whose services are used on this Website. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the Website that allow visitors to share content onto social networks.
- Cookies are currently set by:
- In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of the SABBS Website. The User should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what Users are doing all around the internet, including on this website.
- Users should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use personal user information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
- Some emails sent by SABBS may be tracked, at an individual level, whether the user has opened and clicked on the email. We do not use this information at a personal level, rather we use it to understand open and click rates on our emails to try and improve them.
- Emails from SABBS are clearly marked. Users who do not wish to be tracked should not open such emails, or can unsubscribe from emails sent from the Website. This does not affect official correspondence from SABBS.
- Blocking & Deleting Cookies
- Most browsers allow Users to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
- Internet Explorer - to refuse all cookies click "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and select "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector
- Firefox - to block all cookies click "Tools", "Options", and un-check "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box or select "Clear private data" to delete all cookies.
- Chrome - click on the Chrome menu in the toolbar, click on "settings", click on "advanced settings", choose "Privacy" section, then click on " Content settings" button and choose either block or delete as appropriate.
- This Website may offer the option to block cookies in certain regions or countries.
- Blocking or deleting all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of the Website.
3 UNSOLICITED INFORMATION
- SABBS may, in its sole discretion, make space available for users to post unsolicited information.
- If the User posts unsolicited content or other information (“the Information”) to the Website, and unless otherwise indicated, then the User grants to SABBS and the Owners a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such Information throughout the world in any media.
- The User grants to SABBS and the Owners the right to use the name that the User submits in connection with such Information, if they choose.
- The User warrants that:
- the User owns or otherwise controls all of the rights to the Information that the User posts;
- that the Information is accurate;
- that by the supply of the Information to SABBS, the User does not violate this Policy and does not infringe the rights of any person or entity; and
- that the User indemnifies SABBS and the Owners for all claims resulting from the receipt by SABBS of the Information the User supplies to it.
- SABBS reserves the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any Information, where posted to public pages.
- SABBS takes no responsibility, and assumes no liability for any Information posted by the User or any third party on its Website.
4 SOLICITED INFORMATION THE USER GIVES TO SABBS
- SABBS may require certain Personal Information necessary to process transactions if the User requires certain SABBS products or services.
- SABBS receives and stores all Information, including Personal Information which the User enters on the Website or gives to SABBS, in any other way.
- The User may choose not to provide certain Personal Information, but that may limit the services or products that the User may wish to obtain from SABBS.
- The User’s Information that is required by SABBS affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, and/or agents to give effect to transactions that the User choose to enter into, will be shared with those entities.
5 LAWFUL PURPOSES
- When SABBS is served with due legal process requiring the delivery of Personal Information, it has the legal duty to abide by that demand, and will do so. SABBS may also impart Personal Information if permitted and/or required to do so by law.
6 SURVEYS AND STATISTICAL PROFILES
- SABBS understands that efficiency and customer care translates to good service.
- SABBS may periodically conduct online customer care surveys to facilitate the updating of service standards.
- When it conducts a survey, SABBS will inform the User how the information gathered will be used, and will provide the User with the opportunity to opt-in to such surveys.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, SABBS may choose to use Personal Information to compile profiles for statistical purposes and may choose to trade with such profiles and statistical data, as long as the profiles or statistical data is anonymised and cannot be linked to any specific data subject, including the User, by a third party.
- Personal Information will be stored for as long as it is used and for a period of no less than one year thereafter, together with a record of the Personal Information and the specific purposes it was collected for. Personal Information will be destroyed once it has become obsolete.
- Subject to the Regulation of Interception of Communications Act (“RICA”), Act no 70 of 2002, the User agrees that SABBS may intercept, block, read, delete, disclose and use all communications sent or otherwise communicated to SABBS, its office bearers, officials, employees, and agents via this Website. The User agrees that his or her consent satisfies the requirements of ECTA and RICA for consent in “writing” as defined.